15 августа 2011 г.

What am I good at?


Putting all possible critique and strict requirements on my abilities I present the best of them:

1. I am extremely good at decoding - understanding the main idea\getting the point (if there is any) of a written or oral text. For example, if there is a task or question, I will have the task done correctly and question answered to the point.

2. I am good at reading unknown people on ICQ. I need to limit here my abilities to people who speak Russian and come from the backgrounds similar to mine (those who come from Belarus or neighbouring countries). By reading people I mean guessing their age, level of education, degree of self-confidence, drunken or sober, approximate financial status and so on getting all these only though conversations.
Possibly I used to be good at it because now I do not chat with unknown people. And I point out limitation to Russian speaking people because I did not have a good number of chances to speak with other nationalities.
Possibly if to develop further, I could read a person from a text (book, article, document) written by him or her. It is also possible to read a person from a driving process.

3. I am good at stereo vision, that is 3D, and have an excellent memory for 3D objects. Most frequent objects are faces and bodies of people. I remember faces of people very well and easily detect identical 3D features in faces of different people. And I can also recognise a person by the 3D forms their bodies, one determinants of which is a curve of spine. Another type of 3D objects are streets. I can detect streets that are the same in terms of both broadness\narrowness and height of the buildings - features of 3D objects.

4. I am good at putting my thoughts in written form, but oral one. The written thoughts are extremely logically linked and follow one another and for a reader it is easy to follow the idea.

5. I am good at dancing. To speak in general terms, it is the same ability, or mixture of abilities, from points 1 and 4. Dancing for me is re-decoding musical rhythms into corresponding moves of the body. With this point I do not mean at all a prepared or learnt dancing but rather dancing that is produced spontaneously in a night club for example. Important to mention that I am good at dancing when I dance alone. Dancing is the only ability that I do well spontaneous or immediately, I mean without prior preparation or huge amount of time waste for thinking as it happens with ability in point 4.

I asked myself question "What am I good at?" in order to find what I can do in my life with interest because what I am also good is at losing interest very soon. Interest is the only thing that can keep a person doing something.

The question that logically follows is how any of my abilities can be applied to some activity?

P.S. Why in English? Because this question came to me when I spoke and hence thought a lot in English.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий